As another exciting week in hip-hop unfolds, we’re here to deliver the latest in albums, videos, and songs that demand your attention. From chart-toppers like Drake to rising stars like Joey Fatts, here’s a rundown of the best hip-hop releases this week.
DJ Khaled’s Kid-Friendly Adventure
DJ Khaled takes us on a kid-friendly adventure with his playful “Supposed To Be Loved” video, featuring child versions of rap stars. Collaborating with Nickelodeon, Khaled adds a charming twist to the hip-hop tradition of star-studded visuals.
Janelle Monáe’s Atlanta Remix
Janelle Monáe fearlessly shares an Atlanta-centric remix of her Age Of Pleasure favorite, “Champagne Sh*t.” Joined by Latto and Quavo, Monáe adds a fresh twist to the track, proving her ability to shine even in the shadow of hip-hop heavyweights.
Megan Thee Stallion’s Musical Triumph
Megan Thee Stallion continues her triumphant journey with the release of “Out Alpha The Alpha” from the Dicks: The Musical soundtrack. With her unapologetic style, Megan reaffirms her status as a dominant force in hip-hop.
Drake Drops For All The Dogs
The highlight of the weekend undoubtedly belongs to Drake, who unleashed his highly anticipated album, For All The Dogs. The album features collaborations with J. Cole and Drake’s son, Adonis. However, it also raised eyebrows due to allegations of interpolating lyrics from Pet Shop Boys’ “West End Girls” without permission. It’s a release that has fans divided but undeniably curious.
Albums/EPs/Mixtapes Worth a Listen
- Drake — For All The Dogs: It’s Drake, and you know what to expect. Love him or not, you can’t escape his influence on the charts.
- Earl Sweatshirt & The Alchemist — Voire: Although not entirely new, its widespread availability now makes it a noteworthy mention. Featuring tracks with Vince Staples, it’s worth checking out.
- Joey Fatts — Glorious: Long Beach rapper Joey Fatts offers a fresh perspective with his impressively consistent discography.
- Maiya The Don — Hot Commodity: Fresh off her viral success, Maiya The Don’s debut mixtape exudes confidence and swagger.
- RJMrLA & DJ Drama — OMMIO Grillz: DJ Drama’s Gangsta Grillz returns to LA, providing a glimpse into the city’s other side.
- Wiz Khalifa — Khali Sober: Wiz Khalifa debunks the myth that weed makes you lazy with this relaxing ride for the senses.
Singles/Videos That Stand Out
- Denzel Curry — “Woo” Feat. PlayThatBoiZay & Chief Pound: Denzel teases a new project with this track, showcasing his rebellious fervor.
- ElCamino — “They Spit On Jesus” Feat. Fuego Base: An eerie beat and tough lyrics define this track from ElCamino’s latest project.
- Fivio Foreign — “Why Would I?”: Fivio Foreign’s defiant anthem features a goth-drill backing track that’s sure to energize.
- Fredo Bang — “Sideways” Feat. NLE Choppa: Mixing “Swing My Way” with a stripped-down Jersey club beat, Fredo Bang crafts a unique hit.
- Kevin Gates — “God Slippers”: The rollout for The Ceremony continues with this amusing track that paints a quirky picture of Gates leaving God’s mansion with slippers.
As the hip-hop landscape continues to evolve, these releases showcase the genre’s diversity and the talent within it. Stay tuned for more hip-hop updates and the latest in music culture.